Want to find some positive words of encouragement for kids to help build their confidence and self-worth?
Then these encouraging words for kids are sure to leave any child feeling empowered!
All children, young and old, need to be encouraged on a regular basis.
It helps build the foundations of their confidence and self-worth as they learn who they are and how to navigate the world around them.
And as such we can make an enormous difference in their outlook by the words we use to speak to them.
So, if you want to help boost your child’s self-esteem and self-belief and motivate them to keep trying then these positive messages for kids are a great resource.
Here you’ll find the best words for children, positive words for kids, words to appreciate a child, inspirational words for kids, positive sayings for kids, positive words for students, encouraging words for children, and more positive phrases to say to a child!
And if you love these inspiring words for kids, make sure you also check out these inspirational quotes for kids.
How To Praise A Child With Words
Wondering how to praise a child with words appropriately and effectively?
The truth is, not all praise is equal.
Some praise can have a negative impact and undermine your child’s motivation, damage their self-esteem, and even fuel the development of narcissism.
So, it is important that when you praise and encourage your child you do it wisely.
Here are 7 tips for using encouraging words for kids constructively:
- Praise sincerely and honestly.
- Be descriptive and specific with your praises.
- Praise your child’s effort not their achievement or ability.
- Frame your affirmation in a way that is not controlling or conditioning.
- Use words of encouragement but avoid overpraising.
- Encourage your child based on their effort not how they compare with someone else.
- Be spontaneous with your praises.
Below you’ll find our list of encouraging words and phrases for kids with 100+ examples of words, phrases, and confidence quotes you can use and adapt to praise your child.
Words Of Encouragement For Kids To Motivate Them
- I am really proud of you for trying.
- I can see you’re really trying.
- Be proud of yourself.
- Well done for giving it a go.
- Thank you for helping me.
- I can see how much you have improved.
- I have seen how hard you worked on this.
- Great job figuring it out.
- Your hard work is really paying off.
- I love how you created that.
- One more time and you’ll have it.
- Keep going and you’ll work it out. You’re almost there!
- Give it a go first. I am here if you need help.
- You’ve come up with a good solution.
- Trust yourself.
- I believe in you.
- You did it! You must feel pretty proud!
- I love your enthusiasm for this task.
- You came up with a great solution to the problem.
- Well done! You’ve worked really hard for this.
- Your effort is making a difference.
- You had amazing focus when you were working on this project.
- It’s okay to take a break and come back to it.
- Your perseverance will help you succeed.
- You did it all by yourself.
Encouraging Words For Kids About Their Behavior
- What you did was very kind.
- I really like how you showed empathy in that situation.
- I am proud of how you put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- What you did was very thoughtful.
- I like how you use words to describe your feelings.
- It’s generous of you to share.
- You’re being a great friend.
- I love your kind heart.
- That’s a very generous thing to do.
- Your compassion for others is wonderful.
- You’re the kind of friend I would’ve liked to have at your age.
- I notice you were really patient.
Words For Children To Promote Creativity
- Your imagination is awesome!
- I really like how creative you were.
- The ideas you came up with were very creative.
- I like the way you are choosing to do this so creatively.
- You came up with a creative answer and really nailed that question!
- I like how you pursue new ideas!
- Your creativity is such an asset.
- You’re so brave to try something new.
Inspirational Words For Kids To Boost Self-Esteem
- You are enough.
- Trust in yourself.
- Believe in yourself, you can do it.
- You are capable.
- You are strong.
- No matter what happens, I love you.
- Can you show me?
- That is really interesting, can you tell me more?
- I really want to hear what you have to say.
- I believe in you.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- I’m listening.
- Your opinion matters to me.
- You showed enormous strength in tackling this challenge.
- Nobody is perfect, and that is ok.
- You can learn from your mistakes.
- You must feel good about that.
- Mistakes are proof that you are trying.
- You are valuable.
- You inspire me.
- You are important.
- You make me so proud.
- You make a difference.
- My world is better with you in it.
- It’s fun to do things with you.
- It’s great to see that you believe in yourself.
- I trust your judgment.
- It’s ok to change your mind.
- Your ideas matter.
- It’s great to see that you believe in yourself.
- It takes courage to stand up for what you believe in.
- You were right.
- You have great ideas.
Encouraging Words For Children To Show Your Love
- You are loved so very much.
- Being your parent is the best thing in the world.
- I miss you when I don’t see you.
- You are my number one priority.
- I love spending time with you.
- You can tell me anything.
- I will love you no matter what.
- I’m so happy for you.
- I love you just the way you are.
- I appreciate your help.
- I’m grateful for you.
- I really enjoyed spending that time with you.
- I love being your mom.
- You are an important part of our family.
- This family would not be the same without you.
- I appreciate you.
- You are my sunshine.
- I am so glad you’re here.
- I admire you.
- I could never stop loving you.
- I’ll always love you.
The Benefit Of Using Encouraging Words For Kids
Key benefits of praise used in the right way:
- It helps kids develop a positive mindset
- Boosts self-esteem
- Helps to promote children’s cognitive functioning
- Inspires kids to keep working at challenging tasks
- Build and foster self-belief
- Develops imagination and fosters creativity
- Builds a safe and supportive home life
Using praise and words of encouragement can motivate, empower, and influence our children now and later in life.
So as parents, educators, and people of influence in our kids’ lives, let us do the best we can to encourage them to be the best they possibly can be.
And to help ensure you always have some great words of encouragement on hand, we recommend printing out our free printable and placing it in a prominent spot in your home as a great everyday reminder.
To download the poster all you need to do is click on the below link.
>> Click here to download the Words Of Encouragement For Kids poster
Final Thoughts On Kind Words For Kids
Children need encouragement.
We hope these encouraging words for kids and positive phrases for kids help you find the perfect words to uplift your children.