Looking for the best nicknames for Ella that are cute and unique?
Then get ready to be enchanted by these Ella nicknames!
Ella is an elegant name, and nicknames for the name Ella are no exception!
The sweet baby girl name, Ella, is a timeless name of unknown origin that seems to have roots all over the globe!
In modern Hebrew, the name Ella means “goddess”, in ancient Hebrew it is the name of a tree in the pistachio family! In Greek mythology, Ella was the daughter of Athamas and Nephele. In Spanish, Ella means “her”, and in French, Elle means “she”. In German Ella means “other”, based on the El- as in Elinor, Elizabeth, and Ellen.
And in English, Ella can mean “beautiful fairy woman”!
Of course, no matter which way you look at it Ella is a beautiful feminie name!
And we’re not the only ones to think so. The name has become greatly popular in the past few centuries, since the Victorian Era.
The name was wildly popular at the end of the 1800s, and has risen again in ranks in the past 20 years to the top 10 baby girl names!
It’s really no wonder that Ella is such a popular name, and you know us, we’ve got the best Ella nicknames to inspire you on to nickname excellence!
Check out our best nicknames for Ella, cute nicknames for Ella, funny nicknames for Ella, and cool nicknames for Ella! And, of course, no ultimate list of Ella nicknames would be complete without famous people named Ella… and there are a lot of them!
Best Nicknames For Ella
- Ellie Bean
- Ellie Belly
- El Bell
- Elly Dear
- Elly Jelly
Cute Nicknames For Ella
- Ellie Berry
- Ella B
- Ella Bear
- Ella Bella
- Ella boo bear
- Elly Bear
- Ella Bug
- Elly Boo
- Ella Dear
- Ella Doe
- Ella Doll
- Ella Dove
- Ella of Frelle
Funny Nicknames For Ella
- Acapella Ella
- Belly Elly
- Ella Bella Fo Fella
- Ella Boo
- Silly Elly
- Ella Elf
- Ella Enchanted
- Smelly Elly
- Ella Foefella
- Ellie Poop
- Els Bells
Cool Nicknames For Ella
- Bella Beats
- Ella Frella
- Ella Gorella
- Ella Hart
Famous People Named Ella
- Ella (Fictional, character from “Cinderella”)
- Ella Anderson (American actress)
- Ella Baker (African American civil rights and human rights activist)
- Ella Cara Deloria (American educator, linguist, and novelist)
- Ella Chen Chia-hwa (Taiwanese singer, actress, and television host)
- Ella Eyre (Brittish singer)
- Ella Henderson (English singer and songwriter)
- Ella Hoag Brockway Avann (American educator, and writer)
- Ella Jane Fitzgerald (American Jazz singer)
- Ella Khan (Fictional, character from “West Is West”)
- Ella Koon (Hong Kong Cantopop singer and actress.)
- Ella Mai (English singer and songwriter)
- Ella Maria Ballou (American stenographer, reporter, essayist, and educator)
- Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor, Lorde (New Zealand singer-songwriter)
- Ella Montgomery (Fictional, character from “Pretty Little Liars”)
- Ella of Deira (King of the Deirans, 6th century)
- Ella of Frell (Fictional, character from “Ella Enchanted”)
- Ella of Northumbria (King of Northumbria, 9th century)
- Ella T. Grasso (American politician)
Final Thoughts On Ella Nicknames
Finding the perfect nickname is never easy but we hope we were able to help inspire you to find a nickname that you love!