Are you looking for the best quotes about being a mom?
Then these motherhood quotes are sure to inspire you!
Whether you’re looking for mother and son quotes, mother and daughter quotes, or just looking for a mom quote to pick you up for those hard days, then these beautiful being a mother quotes are sure to remind you of the love between a mother and her child.
As a mama, there is something special about reading and collecting quotes about being a mother (and grandma quotes).
They help you to express, in words, the love you have for your children as well as remind you that you are not alone in your motherhood journey.
So, to help inspire, encourage, and uplift you on your motherhood journey, here you’ll find the best being a mother quotes and sayings, mother love quotes, good mother quotes, beautiful mother quotes, enjoying motherhood quotes, celebrating motherhood quotes, and more!
And if you love these inspirational quotes for mothers, you’ll love these strong mom quotes, single mother quotes, and encouraging mom quotes. Or even these inspirational quotes for kids!
- “The most magical day of my life was the day I became a mother.”
Editors note: You are welcome to share and use the original images contained below. Please give credit back to our page. Non-commercial use only.
Quotes on Motherhood
We hope you enjoy these motherhood messages and quotes.
You can put them to good use by captioning your pictures on Instagram or creating a beautiful baby memory book of your special family moments.
Inspirational Motherhood Quotes
There really is nothing like being a mother.
It is an indescribable feeling of pure love that only exists between a mother and her child.
Yet Motherhood isn’t always easy, we all have struggles.
Sometimes we just need a little inspiration to let us know that we are doing a great job. So here are a few motherhood sayings to let you know that even despite your struggles, you mama, are more than enough.
- “Being a mama can be tough, but always remember in the eyes of your child, no one does it better than you.”
- “If you’re worried about being a good mother, it means you already are one.”
- “Being a mama isn’t easy, but it is definitely the best job anyone could ever have.”
- “I see you there mama, trying your best. I see you showing up each day, even though you feel exhausted. I see you making tough choices for your family even when your not sure if they are right. I see you working tirelessly, even when it seems never ending. I see you doing an amazing job, even though you doubt yourself. I see you mama, and you are more than enough.”
- “I’ve carried a child within my body. I’ve slept with them on my chest. I’ve kissed toes and wiped away tears. I’ve been vomited on, peed on, and spent sleepless nights cradling my child. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. My body isn’t magazine perfect but when I look in the mirror, I see a mama. And there is no greater honor, love or blessing.”
- “As a mama i’m not perfect. I make mistakes. I forget things. I lose my cool. And somedays I go a little crazy. But, it’s okay because in the end, no one could ever love my child the way I do.”
- “Being a mama isn’t always easy. The sleepless nights, the constant worry, the endless piles of washing. But no matter hard it feels, I will always show up for my children. I will always try my best. Because from the very first moment I held them in my arms, I knew my job was to protect and love them with all my might.”
- “Whenever you’re feeling hopeless, hug your child. It’s amazing how they remind us our life is always full of love.”
- “They won’t remember that you were to tired to cook dinner, or that the laundry was always there, or even that you struggles to lose the baby weight (if at all). What they will remember is the laughter as you play together. Reading together in pillow forts. he warm mama hugs as they drifted off to sleep. They will remember that you were there, no matter what. And that sweet mama, is everything.”
- “Even when my soul is tired, I will always find strength for my children.”
- “I will always delight in my children’s existence. I will be the one who thinks the sun rises and sets on them and loves them unconditionally. Forever and always.”
- “It’s okay if your dream in life is to be a good wife and mama.”
Quotes For Motherhood
- “I hold my child to sleep every night. Not because they are spoiled. Not because I’m wrapped around their little finger. Not because I’m being manipulated. I do it because I am their safe place. I do it because I am their mama and they need me to comfort them.”
- “Motherhood is amazing. And then it is really hard. And then it is incredible. And then it is everything in between. So, hold onto the good, breathe through the bad, and welcome the wildest and most wonderful ride of your life.”
- “To the mama who hasn’t felt like herself lately, i know how difficult it is hen you catch yourself not being you. Be patient, your sparkle will return again and you will shine again.”
- “My child may not have everything they want in life, but they have a mama that loves them more than anything in the world.”
- “It’s ok to have strengths and weaknesses as a mama. Some mamas play games, others listen well, some cook with love, and others are great encouragers. We don’t have to be everything, every day to our kids. We just need to show up and love them hard.”
- “Motherhood is magical. It grants you the power to fall in love with someone before ever meeting them. It gifts you amazing instincts to look after your cubs. It fuels you in ways you can’t explain to keep you going no matter how exhausted you are. And it expands your heart and fills it with more love than you have ever felt.”
- “Motherhood is so much simpler when you stop explaining yourself to others and just do what works for you and your family.”
Short Motherhood Quotes
Short and simple, these mom quotes and sayings get straight to the point.
>> You May Also Like: 40+ Parents Love Quotes And Sayings [With Images]
- “Having a bond with your child is something money can’t buy.”
- “A child is the most beautiful gift this world has to give.”
- “My biggest accomplishment will never be money. It will be who I raised.”
- “I wouldn’t change my children for the world, but I wish I could change the world for my children.”
- “I just want to be the best mama I can be.”
- “What an honor it is to be a tiny somebody’s everything.”
- “Kids don’t need a perfect mama. They need a happy one.”
- “Behind every young child who believes in themselves is a mama who believed first.”
- “Nothing in life will ever make you as happy, as sad, as exhausted, or as incredibly proud as motherhood.”
- “When your child has a hard day, they don’t ask, ‘can we talk?’ instead they ask, ‘will you come play with me?'”
- “Your time with your kids is so precious. Please don’t take it for granted.”
- “Your little family is the best team you could ever have.”
- “Happiness is having a husband who is also an amazing dad.”
- “You don’t need to win a noble prize to be changing the world, you just need to go home and love your family.”
- “The family you come from is important, but the family you come from is number one priority.”
- “Nothing in life is more important to me than my family.”
Beautiful Quotes on Motherhood
Whether you are feeling delighted, overwhelmed, intimidated, or on top of the world with your new role as a mother, let these quotes about being a mother for the first time inspire you!
You may also like our inspirational pregnancy quotes.
- “There are many things in life I have taken for granted, but the opportunity and ability to be a mama will never be one of them.”
- “Some day you will wake up and your house will be clean, but your babies will be all grown up and on their own. Enjoy the mess and your kids. They are only babies once.”
- “No one prepared me for just how much love I would have for my child.”
- “I think the best part of being a mom is when your little one looks up at you and just smiles and stares because they know you are their person. Like nobody else is as important as you. They know that you have them like nobody else ever will. The connection is indescribable.”
- “Having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most sweetest and peaceful feelings in the world.”
- “Hold on to the tiny moments and cherish the little things. They grow up so fast.”
- “The sweet smell of a baby must be one of the best smells in the whole world.”
- “From the moment I became a mother, my purpose has been to love and protect my children with everything I have.”
- “There will never be a day, like a day your baby was born.”
- “When you feel that first little kick, and hear a heart beat for the first time you suddenly understand what it means to love someone more than your own life.”
- “It makes me smile knowing that my sweet little baby is half me and half the person I love.”
Enjoying Motherhood Quotes
You don’t have to wait till mother’s day to celebrate motherhood. These joys of motherhood quotes are perfect little reminders of the ways we enjoy being a mom 365 days of the year.
- “Seeing my child happy is one of the best feelings in the world.”
- “You won’t know it’s the last time until it doesn’t happen again. The last time they ask to be picked up. The last time they need help pouring their drink. The last time they ask to hold your hand or snuggle on the couch. So try treat each moment as if it’s the last time, because once it stops and your realize those moments are over, they will surely be missed.”
- “My house is filled with toys, has fingerprints on everything, and is never quiet. My hair is usually a mess and I am always tired, but there is always love and laughter. in 20 years, my kids won’t remember the house or my hair, but they will remember the quality time we spent together and the love they felt.”
- “As a parent we try our best to teach our children all about life, but really they are the ones teaching us what life is all about.”
- “I asked God for a life full of love and happiness. He sent me my family.”
- “Happiness is when your child comes and hugs you just because.”
- “Do you ever look at your child and start smiling? Not because your child did something amazing, just smiling because you realize how blessed you really are.”
- “You’ll never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow they’ll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Just breathe, notice, study their faces. Pay attention. Relish the charms of the present. Enjoy today, it will be over before you know it.”
- “No one ever looks back at the end of their life and thinks ‘I spent too much time with my kids.'”
Mother and Child Quotes
There is nothing quiet like the bond between a mother and her child.
These strong mom quotes and I love my kids quotes express the love, hope and dreams that a mother has for her children.
- “My goal is to raise my children to have the courage to be whoever they want to be.”
- “One day, all your children will have is photos of you. So make sure you are in them. No matter what your hair, makeup, or body looks like…they won’t care. They’ll just want to see you and the love that you have for them.”
- “Sometimes the only way to get over the sadness of your kids growing up is to rest in the beauty of the people they are becoming.”
- “I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further then I could have ever dreamt possible.”
- “I don’t want my children to grow up and think the aim of life is to be rich, to be popular, to be highly educated, or to be perfect. I want them to know life is about being real, being humble, and being kind.”
- “A child is going to remember who was there, not what was spent on them. Kids outgrow a toy and outfits, but they never outgrow time and love.”
- “Do you ever just look at your child and literally feel your heart melting because you love them so much.”
- “I don’t care if my child is academically gifted. I care if they are the one that plays with the lonely child siting by themself.”
- “My children don’t even know, that I need them more than they need me.”
- “I’m going to teach my children to reach for the stars, but I’m going to make sure they know I will love them regardless of where they land.”
- “I go constantly between wanting you to stay my little baby forever, and being excited about all the amazing things you’ll do in this life.”
- “No matter how old my child gets, I still check in on them while they are sleeping.”
- “I never want my kids to mess up and think ‘mom is going to kill me.’ I want their first thought to be ‘I need to call my mom.'”
- “My hope is to raise my children so that they love themselves so fiercely that they refuse to settle for anything less than they deserve.”
- “As a mama I’m only ever going to be in 1 of 3 places. In front of my kids cheering them on, behind them to have their back, or beside them so they never have to walk alone.”
- “I will be your biggest fan. I will be your protector. I will always defend you. I will be your teacher. I will be your friend. I will be your confidant. I will always be proud of you. I will love you unconditionally, because forever and always I will be your mama.”
- “Speak life into your children. Tell them all the incredible things they are and can do. So, when the time comes, they will have what it takes to follow their own path. “
- “Teach your kids that being the smartest or the coolest or the something else ‘est’ will only take them so far. But being kind and generous and going out of their way to help others will matter literally in every aspect of their lives for as long as they live.”
- “Never forget when a child gives you a gift, even if it is a flower they have just picked, in their eyes they are choosing to give you the most precious thing they had to give.”
Final Thoughts on Being A Mom Quotes
What it means to be a mom can be hard to put into words. Raising children is the hardest and challenging thing you will ever do in your life, but also the most incredible. Even on your hardest of days you wouldn’t trade being a mom for anything.
We hope these being a mom quotes and mother’s love for a child quotes have inspired you!
And if you’re looking for more great quotes, then check out these guides on powerful single mom quotes, strong mom quotes, and I love my kids quotes.