Are you looking for inexpensive baby shower gifts that will show you care, without breaking the bank?
Then our ultimate guide on affordable baby shower gifts is for you!
Receiving an invitation to a baby shower can be exciting until you see the price tags on some of the essentials and toys out there. So, you might wonder if there’s even such a thing as an affordable baby product.
The good news is that it’s definitely possible to buy inexpensive baby shower gift. The key is finding the right deals and thinking of all the small details that could make a new parent’s life easier.
If you’re running low on ideas, you can check out this guide on inexpensive baby shower gift ideas so you can find some cute inexpensive baby shower gifts that your new mama will be sure to love.
And if you love this guide on cheap baby shower gifts, then check out our other guides on the best personalized baby gifts, best baby books for new parents, and buying diapers for baby shower. Or even our guide on how much to spend on baby shower gift!
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure here
Whether your looking for the best pregnancy gifts for first time moms or the best gifts for second baby, let’s dive right in with the top 15 low cost baby shower gifts that up and coming parents will surely love!
1. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers
A new mama will always love accepting diapers as a gift. After all, a baby can go through at least 3,000 disposable diapers, and that’s only for the first year! That’s why many new mamas also hold a diaper raffle at their baby shower to help stock up!
What makes Pampers Swaddlers perfect for a baby’s delicate skin is that the material is hypoallergenic and latex-free.
Plus, one of the best features here is the wetness indicator that changes colors. This way, the parent can determine if their baby is wet without the need to peek inside the diaper.
We recommend buying size 2 diapers so that the new mama will have plenty of diapers to help her past the newborn stage.
- Absorbent, with minimal chances of a leak
- Fits newborns (up to 10 lbs.) comfortably with secure velcro
- Highly practical gift and suitable for sensitive skin
- Bland packaging
A popular choice, widely found in supermarkets and online, Pampers Swaddlers offer everything that babies need and parents want in a diaper. From great absorbency to an umbilical cord notch for newborns to their super soft lining, these value for money diapers are our top pick for diapering your baby with disposable diapers!
2. Sperric Baby Teething Toys
Once the little fellow starts teething, the parents will have to put up with the cranky and irritable mood. So, why don’t you help them prepare for that phase in advance with a teething toy?
On the plus side, these Sperric teething toys come with five attractive designs that are more than just adorable. The different textures can soothe a baby’s teething pain, too!
What’s more is that they’re soft, flexible, and easy to clean!
- Very easy for a month-old child to grasp onto
- Dishwasher, freezer, and heat sterilization safe
- Perfect for biting and gnawing since it’s made from silicone
- Potential choking hazard if it breaks
3. KeaBabies Organic Baby Bandana Drool Bibs
Since babies tend to be messy, a banda bib can be a fashionable and practical gift.
With that in mind, the organic bandana bibs by KeaBabies are made with an absorbent fleece that keeps the baby dry, even with frequent drool. Plus, they’re super easy to snap and remove.
- Comes in an eight-pack for mix-and-matching with outfits
- Has adjustable straps to fit the babies as they grow (up to 36 months)
- Doubles as a handkerchief
- Cloth tends to curl up after a few washes
4. Hudson Baby Cotton Bodysuit
You don’t have to spend a fortune to get clothes for the expected baby. Some bodysuits by Hudson can be quite affordable without compromising on quality.
These full-sleeve cotton bodysuits come in different colors and styles that will fit both genders. Additionally, they’re 100% cotton which is soft and comfortable for the baby’s skin.
- Has a thick cottony material for the cooler seasons
- Comes in a variety of designs based on themed sets
- Comes in a wide range of sizes (newborn to 24 months)
- Possible shrinkage
5. Durio Knitted Baby Beanies
The Durio knitted baby beanies are made from soft and eco-friendly material that’s lightweight on a child’s head. So, it’s both practical and good for the environment!
You can also choose different sets of colors, from neutral blacks and grays to tricolor mixtures of pink, white, or yellow.
- Comes both as a solitary piece and in sets of three or four
- Stylish addition to the baby’s outfits
- Stretchy with lots of room to grow
- Only available in one size (suited for babies between 6-36 months)
6. Touched by Nature Baby Cotton Socks
Whatever the weather may be, baby socks are essential because they can regulate their body temperature. They also protect the baby’s feet when they’re practicing walking.
As it happens, Touched by Nature’s socks are made of 78% organic cotton. So, they’re soft, stretchable, and comfortable for a baby. The main appeal here is that there are a lot of palettes that can pair nicely with whichever bodysuit style a baby will be wearing.
- Come in multiple pack options for different budgets
- Available in cute patterned designs and solid colors to suit various tastes
- Comes in three sizes, starting with newborns
- Potential shrinkage
7. Jordan Step 1 Baby Toothbrush
A baby needs to have a dental care routine even at a young age, but it has to be with the right toothbrush.
Well, this cute set of Jordan Step 1 brushes with soft bristles can be perfect for a little kid who is just starting to brush. The highlight feature here is the teething ring that stimulates a child’s gums.
However, if the kid uses it as a teething toy, the parents will need to make sure that the brush end doesn’t get too dirty when the piece is thrown around.
- Comfortable to hold
- Fun designs
- Has four pieces in a set (can last until the baby is 16-24 months old)
- Potential choking hazard, despite the wide grip
8. Aveeno Baby Shampoo
A shampoo is a baby bath essential, but not just any product can get the job done. It needs to be gentle enough for the baby’s skin.
Aveeno’s baby shampoo and body wash can be a good fit. That’s because it’s made of natural oat extract that will nourish and protect the baby’s skin and hair.
Plus, it comes in a large pump container that makes access easy during bath time.
- Eco-friendly product
- Tear-free with a fresh fragrance
- 33 fl. oz package can last for months
- Might leak if it’s not wrapped up before gift-packing
9. Munchkin Float and Play Bath Toys
Besides being fun, toys are one of the earliest things that can influence a baby’s cognitive and learning skills.
So, you might want to consider the Munchkin Float and Play, which includes four float balls. Inside each clear ball, there are animals or toys that can bobble, rattle, and spin while floating in a baby’s bath!
Ideally, the parent will begin using these once the baby is four months or older.
- Suitable size for a child to grasp
- Can help with early hand-eye coordination
- Will remain relevant for various stages of the baby’s early life
- Water can still sometimes go inside the orb if handled roughly
10. Hudson Baby Animal Face Robe
We love wrapping up in bathrobes after a long soak, and so do the little ones. However, Hudson took the extra mile with the adorable design and soft material.
Hudson Baby’s animal hooded robe works as a towel with 100% fleece fabric that’s absorbent and plush. This means that it can dry a baby’s skin gently and efficiently.
Of course, the adorable blue elephant hood will warm the parents’ hearts as well once they receive this as a baby shower gift!
- Very soft and machine-washable material
- Introduces the baby to animals at a young age
- Good for taking pictures to commemorate the baby’s first bath
- Rather small and only good for a newborn
11. Infinno Inflatable Water Mat
Water play mats are inflatable, so you can fill the sides with air and the middle with water. Then you let the little fellow lay on top to encourage sensory development.
What’s even better about Infinno’s mat is that it incorporates bright and colorful sea animals to entertain the baby. It’s also leak-proof and durable, so the baby stays dry while playing on the mat.
All in all, the baby should be able to use it starting at three months and up to two years.
- Suitable for tummy time
- Helpful for practicing crawling
- Lightweight and highly portable, so the parents can take it on the go
- Needs parental supervision to avoid tumbling over
12. Babebay Toddler Pillow
While babies can sleep without a pillow, a cute toddler pillow might complete the nursery’s aesthetic.
So, if you know the expecting parents won’t mind storing it for a while until the baby is older, this can be a suitable gift. The two-year mark can be a good place to start.
The Babebay pillow can boost sleeping quality thanks to the organic cotton and hypoallergenic filling. So, it’s fluffy, good for sensitive skin, and cute!
- Comes either as one piece or a pack of two to suit different budgets
- Machine Washable
- Doubles as a gift for the nursing or expecting mother
- Not suitable for newborns
13. Wonder House Books My First Library: A Collection of Board Books
If you want a baby shower gift that stands out from a sea of toys and bibs, you can consider something for the child’s learning.
Although the parents wouldn’t need to use the books for the first months of the baby’s life, they will still be happy that they have the set ready for whenever the kid’s ready.
My First Library Boxset contains ten books that introduce the little one to a range of everyday topics and objects.
- Covers a wide variety of topics (ABCs, colors, wild animals, etc.)
- Each page has a vibrant picture to entrain little kids till they’re ready to read
- Shows the parents that you’re thinking long term
- Won’t come in handy for the newborn stage
14. Vichona Decision-Making Coin for Parents
While most people will get baby products for the baby shower party, you might want to pick a gift with the parents in mind.
In that case, you can go for something fun, and what’s a more fun present than a decision-making coin?
The coin has two sides for “Daddy’s Turn” and “Mommy’s turn.” This way, first-time parents wouldn’t have to fight over whose turn it is to care for their baby.
- Can add a humorous spirit to the baby shower
- Fits wallets or pockets so the parents can take it on the go
- Doubles as a sentimental piece that a family can look back to later
- Choking hazard and shouldn’t be used anywhere near the baby
15. Letters To My Baby
Writing notes and journals addressed to the child’s future self can someday be a great sentimental gift, and the Letters To My Baby deliver that with a set of 12 letters.
If the parents need help to get the ideas flowing, they can use the letter prompts. For instance, they can write about notable memories from the delivery day or what their first home was like.
- Comes with two blank letters (without prompts) to allow for customization
- Includes envelopes, stickers, and seals
- Won’t lose their emotional value or relevance with time
- Time-consuming for parents
Things to Consider Before Buying Affordable Baby Shower Gifts
Shopping for a baby shower gift isn’t usually a one-minute browse. Besides the price tag, there are the factors that you’ll have to consider.
So, let’s see how you can pick an affordable gift that the parents will like:
Practicality: How and When Will the Parents Use It?
Baby care essentials like shampoo, towels, clothes, and diapers are practical options.
However, you’ll need to be careful with wearables since the material could shrink after washing, especially cotton. So, you might need to get a size up. Plus, once they outgrow them, the gift might not be relevant anymore.
On the other hand, a practical gift can also be something the baby will use in the future, even past the infancy stage. Some examples of this include books and pillows.
There’s no wrong way to go here. You’ll just need to consider what the parents need more. Did they thoroughly prepare all the newborn essentials? If so, you can focus on gifts that will be practical in the long term.
Sentimentality: Does It Warm the Heart?
Every gift on the list can become sentimental if you personalize the package with a thoughtful note—well, maybe not the diapers, though.
However, some options can be particularly good if you want to show the parents-to-be that you care about their baby’s mental and emotional development.
For instance, book sets can help create a parent-baby bond.
Meanwhile, something like the letter journals will revive these emotions once the child is all grown up. That said, some parents might find them too impractical, so you’ll have to use your judgment here!
Adorableness: How Cute Is It?
A baby shower gift doesn’t always need to have a deep meaning behind it. Instead, it could just be the cutest and loveliest thing you’ve ever seen!
So, if you think the new parent will fall head over heels for cute little animals or fluffy texture, you can make designs a priority in your selection and go with options like Hudson’s animal robe.
All in all, it would be even better to merge the adorableness factor with practicality. Take, for instance, how a gift can contribute to the aesthetic of the crib, outfits, accessories, bath essentials, and toys.
As an added bonus, you can ask the parents-to-be if they have certain color palettes or themes in mind. This way, you can make sure that your gift will fit right in!
Final Thoughts on Buying Cheap Baby Shower Gifts
While any of the gift ideas we covered can work, we can’t help but admire how handy the Pampers Swaddlers can be for new parents.
On the other hand, the Vichona Decision-Making Coin has a fun vibe going on that makes it stand out from the list.
Ultimately, you’ll need to think about what your expecting friends really care about. Just remember to pick nice packaging with a thoughtful note to go with the gift!
We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you to find the perfect low cost baby shower gift.
And if you love this guide on cheap baby shower gift ideas, then make sure to check out our guides on ways to save money on baby items, non-baby gifts for new parents, and things new moms need for themselves. Or even these best breastfeeding mom gifts.